Get the most out of your dishwasher with a few handy tips:
- Look inside your dishwasher for the water outlets and make sure you don't pack anything too big next to them, it may restrict the water reach and ability to wash.
- Stack like items together, it will make better use of the space and make unloading a lot easier.
- Have a sink of warm water with soda.d ready when serving dinner so you can soak your pots and pans in this while you eat.
- Rinsing does result in a better clean. Use the sink that you soaked your pots in to rinse all the dishes, you will save a lot of water rather than running the tap to rinse.
- Regularly clean out the filter at the bottom of your dishwasher, especially if you are not a 'rinser'.
- Be careful to not put anything too big in front of the powder dispenser, it can stop the cleaning agent getting to where it needs to be.
- Regularly give your dishwasher an empty cycle clean with vinegar and baking soda.
- The middle drawer (or top drawer if you don't have a cutlery drawer) in most dishwashers can be height adjusted to allow a better fit for your items.
- Try not to be tempted to overload the dishwasher it will likely result in at least one unclean item that will have to be rewashed.